St Mary's Church is an Anglican Church that was built in 1866 and is Grade II listed.
Address: St Mary's Church, West Dean, Wiltshire, SP5 1JQ.
For information about the church’s Safeguarding policy and practice please visit https://clarendoncofe.org/safeguarding/
Further information about the church and services can also be found by clicking the link below
"WEST DEAN, a parish partly in the hundred of Alderbury, in the county of Wilts, and partly in the hundred of Lower Thorngate, in the county of Hants, 7 miles S.W. of Stockbridge. It contains East Grimstead. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value with East Grimstead, in Wilts, £446, in the patronage of the Rev. H. Glossop. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has tombs of the Evelyns, of Dean House, which is now in ruins, and a curious monument, with copper doors, dated 1669, to the Right Hon. R. Pierpoint, whose effigy in marble represents him undergoing the surgical operation under which he died. There is a chapel-of-ease at East Grinstead, in this parish. The foundations of a Roman villa were discovered here in 1740."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]